I'm Jesse Hallett, a software engineer with 15 years of experience in web development. Please take a look at my blog posts below, slides from my conference talks, or my active open source projects.
- Writing a GraphQL Server in Rust — Rust NYC, 2022-01-25
- Types are Sets — TypeScript NYC, 2019-04-17
- Mod your Android — Open Source Bridge, 2013
- Cookies are bad for you — Open Source Bridge, 2011
- Cluster Analysis: How to Have Fun in n Dimensions— Open Source Bridge, 2009
- How to build blazing fast web apps with Ruby on Rails — Portland Code Camp, 2009
Open Source Projects
git-format-staged — A git add-on that formats staged changes to code files using an automatic formatter like Prettier, and works seamlessly with partially-staged files. There are other tools that do the same job; but git-format-staged takes a unique, and in my opinion elegant, approach. See my blog post for details, and for some background on git's internal workings.
redux-instant — Minimize boilerplate in your Redux app by inferring action creators and action types from your reducer with precise type-checking when you use Typescript. Actions created by this library are serializable, and are compatible with time-travel debugging.